Speak some nyan

Monday, April 25, 2011

MAC Quite Cute Collection

Thanks to Janoah, I manage to get a slot in the MAC Quite Cute Collection event held last Saturday *w* at 1Utama. This Spring Collection for 2011 features candy colored eye-popping colors in their collection.
“CUTE!” The most fanciful, fun and flattering compliment a young, modern trendsetter could ever want! Our version is the girliest kind of international glam possible, a style ride that combines postage-stamp-sized puppies with pixie swizzle-stick fashion and butterfly kisses for cute boys and even cuter shoes! Cupcake icing colours, vintage romance, an ATM card with Hello Kitty on it – and a way of life that says “yes!” to everything adorable! Come on, get happy, with the multi-culti cutie, from Tokyo to Toronto to Paris with love! Pastel shades for Eye Quads, Lipstick, Plushglass and Nail Lacquer…And, due to popular demand, we’re completely cute-ifying three favourite Lip Pencil shades from last season that will join the fun and frolic. Flash! You’ll ♥ the Mineralize Blush with the sweet heart baked right into it. If it shines, shimmers and pops it’s completely, contagiously, cute!
Collection Details:
Mineralize Blush. From left to right: Giggly, Sakura and Miss Behave. Pearl colored hearts to add on to the cuteness factor!
Plushglass! From left to right: Girl ♥ Boy, I ♥ U, Fashion Fanatic and Bubble Tea
Lipstick. From left to right: Playing Koi, Quite Cute, Saint Germain, Candy Yum-yum and Play Time
Nail Laquer. From left to right: Little Girl Type, Mischievous Mint and Ice Cream Cake. Damn... sounds yummy except for the Little Girl XD. I get the lolicon vibe~
The main eye candy! Cutie Eye Shadow. The palette has 4 shades, suitable for both day and night looks =D.
Two types of mascara for this collection, Zoom Lash and Loud Lash Mascara. Penulti (sounds like Penalty XD;;) Mate Eye Liner to draw out that cat eye look and 3 lip pencils in 3 shades. Naked Liner, In Synch and Boldy Bare.
Lastly, #7 lash to complete the whole look~!
All the pictures above were taken from Nitrolicious.com. So what do you think? My fav would be the Plushglasses and the Mineralize Blush in Giggly Sakura~ XD Moving on to the event!
Staff getting ready for the event, decked with uber huge pink bows on their heads~ Reminds me of big sis ribbon in RO *w*
MAC's Quite Cute collection on display. I love the display shelf :3
Waitresses in pink serving goodies on super cute trays!!! I wanna steal them and frame them in my room! >w<
Cupcakes on the cloud tray~ It looks really hungry XP
Another cute tray with cupcakes! <3
There's macaroons too! *looks at Audrey* >D
We had a demo on how to achieve the day and night look using the Cutie Eye Shadow palette.
Models with the Quite Cute makeup on~! Model on the left has the day look and the model on the right has the night look. I wonder how heavy are their costumes looking at the amount of charms hanging on them XD
Anyone noticed the claw machine at the beginning of the post? Well it's not just for show as guests are given a chance to try and grab a souvenir to bring back home!
And I manage to score a Limited Edition plushie for myself! :3 Damn my lop-sided glasses >w< The plushie is quite bouncy..... should make a good stress ball >D I'm so happy that the makeup artists covered up all my acne scars *_* This photo is unphotoshopped, heck I never photoshop my photos!
One of the MAC makeup artists, Evelyn, gave me a makeover using the Quite Cute collection. I only had the pink shadow on as I was dressed all in pink for the occasion XD;; She applied the lipstick in Quite Cute shade for me but honestly... I look like a gyaru with that lipstick so I settled with the Plushglass in Bubble Tea which is a creamy pale nude shade. The neutral color from the Plushglass helps cancel out the shocking color from the lipstick which gave me a nice pale pink shade for my lips. 

The whole collection is just too 'gyaru' for my taste but I wouldn't mind having the Plushglass and the Mineralize Blush to my collection :3 The lipstick colors looks horrible on me but it looks okay on the models and the makeup artists ._. Evelyn said that the lipstick will look horrible on yourself but will look fine on others. I don't know where did that logic came from but I'm not gonna wear a lipstick that I can't be confident in D:

3 comments: