Speak some nyan

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Niko Niko Onigiri @ Sri Petaling

I had a lot of trouble finding this place as there's lack of info on the interwebs so figured I'd make a blog post to help contribute more information about this place. Niko Niko Onigiri is located at Jalan Radin Tengah along the same row as Hong Leong Bank and Wan Corner 24 Hours mamak. As the name says, they sell onigiri's but they also have other main dishes like soba, udon or curry rice. Photos for this post are taken with phone camera because I wasn't carrying my digicam, so sorry!!! T_T
How the shop looks like from the front. Their signboard occupies the whole shop but the restaurant only occupies half a shop lot.... weird.
Inside was cosy though I wish they would paint their walls with a less brighter color.
Ze menu~
The stuff here is quite affordable ranging between RM2.50 to RM12++? About there XD;;  I ordered the Onigiri set + Miso + Salad + Side Dish (RM7.90) and a cold ocha (RM1). We had the choice to choose 2 types of onigiri's so I tried Deep Fried Salmon and Fresh Salmon onigiri.
Tadaaa my settt
 was shocked at the size of the onigiri *_* Twice the thickness compared to Jusco's onigiri's and Jusco's onigiri is about RM2.90! Side dish was some chicken and egg salad. Everything was very very tasty and worth every penny!!! >w<b Even the miso tasted better than Pasta Zanmai!!! (not that Pasta Zanmai's miso was tasty in the first place but you get the drift lol) With so much rice in that set, I was very surprised to find that I have room for one more @_@ so I asked the chef for recommendation :D
Katsuobushi Onigiri recommended by the Chef :D
Katsuobushi also known as Okaka is dried, fermented and smoked skipjack tuna which you can find sprinkled on takoyaki's :D I always thought it was called fish flakes lol. The onigiri is a lot saltier compared to the salmon onigiri. I found it too salty at first but then by the 3rd bite, I think my tongue got used to it lol.
The filling inside the Katsuobushi Onigiri
No more Jusco onigiri's for me! I'm already loving this place (just need to ignore the ugly green walls) and planning to come back to try their soba and curry rice! *_* The onigiri's here are so affordable and freshly made. So much bliss as I sink my teeth into the crunchy seaweed then into the soft rice *o* it was a great ending to my Monday :3

Niko Niko Onigiri has 2 branches so far

Sri Petaling Branch (HQ)
No. 67 (Ground Floor), Jalan Radin Tengah, Bandar Baru Sri Petaling 57000 Kuala Lumpur

Subang Branch
No. 28, Jalan SS 15/4D, 45700 Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan

Opening Hours: Monday to Sunday, 7am - 9pm

They cater for gatherings, parties and meetings too.
For orders, kindly call Mike Chin, 012 390 8213.

2 comments:

  1. First time ate at the 'hole in the wall' type Malaysian-owned Jap outlet; bland, tasteless food - never again!!!

    ReplyDelete