Speak some nyan

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

DIY Acne Mask

Few days ago Mugen posted a youtube link of BuzBeauty's tutorial to make an acne mask. Tutorial can be found here which explains my visit to the supermarket yesterday. Personally I like her tutorials but I find her voice horribly annoying but anywaysssss onto the mask~!


Ingredients

  1. Apple cider vinegar

  2. Sugar

  3. Honey

  4. Green tea (cooled down)

  5. Glass jar


Luckily dad brought back honey from Aussie so that's one ingredient less to spend on 8D. Sadly there's only sucky green tea in the house, should've brought home the stash of Purple Cane tea >_> I'd highly recommend a glass jar rather than a plastic container cuz the sugar sinks to the bottom so you'll have to scrape the bottom and mix it around before using it.

Instructions

  1. Add in 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar, 2-3 tsp of green tea and 5 tsp of sugar and mix it.

  2. Scoop out 1 tsp of honey and add it in to the mixture. Mix it well.

  3. Add in another 2 tsp of sugar and mix it again (that's a LOT of sugar @A@)

  4. Store the mixture in a jar and put it in the fridge =D The stuff should be enough for 2 weeks.



End result of the gooey concoction~


The cider smell wasn't as strong as I suspected, it didn't bother me much :3 Just take a cotton pad and dab the mask onto your face. What I do is to scoop some of the mask onto a spoon and swipe the cotton on the spoon for hygiene purposes and to make sure I get the sugar as well.

Massage your face for 2-5 minutes and then leave it on for another 10 minutes. I only scrubbed the sugar over my face for about a minute cuz the mask started to feel a little sticky and I didn't wanna massage my face that hard but I did leave it on for another 10 minutes. Having the sticky mask helped a little I guess cuz I was worried the sugar might start falling off bit by bit XD;;

As for the end result, give me 2 weeks before I can give my comments =D

No comments:

Post a Comment