Speak some nyan

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Review: Baviphat Peach Peeling Gel vs Laneige Strawberry Yoghurt Peeling Gel



Woh I have so many exfoliators..... I have St Ives Apricot Scrub, Queen Helene's Mint Scrub and these 2 *points up* but I've been using peeling gels since September after my crazy breakout. Anyone who wants to take over my St Ives Apricot Scrub, do leave a note here and I'll arrange the meet up time with you. Back to the topic, I'll be doing a review on these 2 products.

Baviphat's Peach Peeling Gel

The all-in-one peeling gel is a multi-function skin treatment that claims to exfoliate dead skin, minimizes pores and brightens complexion with a single application. It contains peach extracts and vitamin C to whiten and brighten skin.

Directions: Apply all over dry face avoiding eye and mouth areas. Gently massage until it starts to clump up into dry flakes then rinse with lukewarm water.

For a product that is named as a peeling gel, it certainly doesn't look like a gel ._. the Peach Peeling Gel looks like sherbet and it smells absolutely heavenly, that I definitely can't deny! It's my second favorite scent after H2O's Raspberry Guava.


The sherbet~


Sad the tub doesn't come with a spatula so I washed my hands before dipping my fingers into the jar and scoop a generous amount. The stuff does feel a little dry and I find that it clumps and falls off easily from my face. After rinsing my face, I don't feel anything other than the fact I smell of peaches wherever I go lol. My face doesn't feel any cleaner and my blackheads are still there so even after a few days of using it, I still go back to my Mint Scrub.


The Baviphat Peach Peeling Gel retails at RM49.90 for 100g.


Laneige Strawberry Yoghurt Peeling Gel



Yes this is a gel alright!


It contains yoghurt extract, strawberry extract and exfoliating enzyme that that helps to remove dead skin cell and give your skin a healthy look. The soft gel formula does not irritate skin. Non abrasive and suitable for all skin types.


Directions: Apply over clean dry face. Massage for 1 minute then rinse with lukewarm water.


I find the smell a bit sickening. It smells like the less stronger version of  strawberry stuff at The Body Shop. The gel comes in a liquid form which makes it easy to spread over dry face and I find that my skin condition feels smoother if i use continuously. Thank god it doesn't promise to minimize my pores or that'll be something extra to diss lol. The Laneige Strawberry Yoghurt Peeling Gel retails at RM99 and is available at Laneige counters, not sure if they've replaced the product with the MultiBerry version yet =/ should probably go get a full size tub myself sometime soon.


Conclusion


I think by now you guys should know which one I'm leaning too XD;; Yes Laneige~~~ Using Baviphat's Peach Peeling Gel hurt at some point cuz my breakouts were so bad, even touching hurts =S but I didn't suffer from using Laneige's peeling gel since it was more liruid. Although the price is a bit steep and the smells sickens me to death, as long as it works, it wins my hearts :3 What's the point in buying things that don't work anyways? The Peach Peeling Gel has been donated to my big sister, Audrey >w< See if it works for her =P


Reminder: GIVEAWAY CLOSES TOMORROW AT 10PM =D Go join here!

No comments:

Post a Comment