Speak some nyan

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Review: Vichy Normaderm Starter Kit

After experiencing Artistry, I decided to opt for a more affordable brand of skin care to experiment on. I noticed quite a few starter kits when I was at Watsons so decided to check it out. 2 of the brands that were on my list had starter kits =D It was between SebaMed and Vichy, both priced the same! I decided to try Vichy first since a few of my friends have been raving about it non-stop.


The pack has 5 items:

Vichy Thermal Spa Water (50ml)
This item is already RM18 8D. Recognized for its medical properties in favoring cellular exchange and in stimulating the skin's defense mechanism. It is also used in dermatology to strengthen the skin's tolerance and sooth skin.

Nothing much to say about this product as it works just about the same as my Avene Thermal Spring Water. Only difference is that it tastes a bit salty o_O

Normaderm Purifying Cleansing Gel (30ml)
Deeply cleanses and unblocks pores while removing impurities, sebum excess and unclogs pores. I love this cleanser compared to Artistry's cleansing gel hoho~ cuz it gives me that slight squeaky clean feel =D Yes, that squeaky clean feel is a must have for me when I use any cleansers otherwise my face feels so greasy after a few hours >_>.

Normaderm Imperfection Prone Skin Lotion (30ml)
Gently eliminates impurities and reduces sensitivity and redness. I'm guessing to apply this after cleansing? =/ There's not much mentioned about this product on the web =/ so I was confused wondering whether it's suppose to be a moisturizer or a toner? D:

Normaderm Refine Total Pore Resurfacing Essence (3ml)
Formulated with dual-action effect: Pore micro peeling + pore firming for a visibly pore-free skin. Pores are recontracted. Either Vichy is confident that users will be able to see the results with one application OR they're just plain stingy. I didn't manage to see the results and was even more shocked when the sample was enough for only ONE application =_=.

Normaderm Chrono-Active Anti-Imperfection Care (5ml)
Normalizes sebum production while you sleep and evens out complexion. I'm guessing this is a night cream?

----------

For a starter kit.... they have a hell lot of products to apply! There's no direction of which to apply first. I STILL don't know whether the lotion is a toner or moisturizer or just something similar to the Hada Labo lotion. The names given to each product (the additional ones) is a bit confusing =( and to top that up, my pimples show no sign of recovery and news ones were starting to bloom. Also, my face feels greasy at the end of my skin care regime using this pack.

So end of the day, this pack is a no-no for me D: thank god it was only RM25.90.

No comments:

Post a Comment