Speak some nyan

Friday, May 6, 2011

Joining The Macaroon Trend

Like how Longchamp is taking over KL, the same goes for macaroons. Lately, I noticed more local or smaller bakeries introducing this tiny piece of luxury into their menus. I first got to know about macaroons last year and that time I only knew they were available from Nathalie's Gourmet Studio and Godiva. It didn't take long for the rest of the bakeries to join the bandwagon like  Whisk Espresso Bar + Bake Shop, Levain Boulangerie Patisserie, Molten Lava, and even local blogshop bakery ThatLastSlice introduced macaroons early this year.

It's not grumbling, I'm more than happy to see more desserts being introduced =D which is why this post is about another shop that's introducing macaroons!
The store at Isetan, KLCC
I was loitering around KLCC, killing time since I had 2 hours before ComedyThursday @ Zouk. I saw the notice that Isetan had a Dessert Fair. So being the stupid curious kepoh cat I was, I went up to see what they had to offer and I spotted Dessert's Bar with their booth~! I've always been a fan of their Strawberry Panna Cotta since they use really good fresh strawberries.
Colorful maracoons in trays.
They were surprisingly, the cheapest macaroons I've seen! 4 for RM10, 10 for RM22 and 25 for RM48. After pacing back and forth thinking should I buy and also talking to Audrey for about 10 minutes, I decided to try some (poor sales guy XD;;)
Half colors cuz they ran out of coloring LOL No really, that's what he told me.
Some of the flavors available: Black Sesame, Green Tea, Cheese, Apricot, Honey Sunflower, Chocolate Mint and Lemon Chocolate Cheese.
For 4, you get it wrapped in a plastic.
Talk about inconsistency lol. Some of the macaroons are bigger while some are flatter but wider. You can see the obvious difference between the purple macaroon and green macaroon. Taste is somewhat meh like Molten Lava's.... just cheaper =P and it crumbles very easily which makes it difficult to eat for a small snack. After being pampered by Nathalie's, I can't look at other macaroons anymore T__T but Nathalie's macaroons are priced at RM4.40 for one DX which is RM1 more on an average for each bite. Damn... it's as painful as thinking whether to pump RON97 or RON95 for your car XP.

Dessert's Bar is only selling the macaroons at their booth at Isetan, KLCC but they'll soon be available at their outlets =)

No comments:

Post a Comment