Speak some nyan

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Review: Kiehl's Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque



Back in 2009, Kiehl's introduced the Rare Earth range formulated with Amazonian White Clay to help purify and detoxify skin, while minimizing pores. Sounds good right? =D Well it seemed like a miracle product judging by the reviews I've read so I decided to pick a sample from the nearest Kiehl's outlet. My pores have always been huge =S I've had people telling me that so I was crossing my fingers hoping it works.

The Rare Earth Collection comes with 4 items:

  • Rare Earth Pore Refining Tonic, 250ml

  • Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion, 75ml

  • Rare Earth Deep Pore Daily Cleanser, 150ml

  • Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque, 142g


I did get samples for the cleanser and tonic but I only tried the masque since I didn't want to break my skin regime for now as its been working wonderfully =).
Our Rare Earth masque helps purify and detoxify skin while minimizing the appearance of enlarged pores. Formulated with Amazonian White Clay to gently draw out oil, dirt and toxins that can clog pores. The addition of Oatmeal and Aloe Vera will help soothe, hydrate and protect sensitive skin.

Mmmmm I read that oatmeal also absorbs the excess oil from the skin AND in the pores while aloe vera is good for sensitive skin as it soothes and heals skin. As clay can be quite drying, this range is only recommended for normal to oily skin types. The sample sachet I got was more than enough for my face =D there was a bit of extra but I wan't keen on keeping in case it dries up >_<. Instruction says to apply a thin layer onto face and leave it on for 10 minutes before rinsing.

I noticed a tingling effect while the mask was on my skin but I ignored it since it wasn't that bad compared to other masks I've tried but I immediately rinsed it off after time's up. My nose area was red but my skin felt clean and my pores are smaller, well they normally do look smaller after my bath so I can't go screaming happily yet.

The next morning I woke up and damn my pores are back to being big =( and my T-zone horribly oily by midday >_< Could it be that I need to use the whole range to see results? Or that I need to use the mask a few times before I can see results? It won't be something I'll buy if I can find a better smelling clay mask and since I haven't been able to see the desired results, I think I might weigh on the decision a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment